Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lunes- La Noche

Around 6ish there was always activities for the kids in my falla, and today was spinning thingies that I don't what they're called, even in english. We all made them and played in the street (don't worry, dad, there were no cars and I was safe).

Afterwards was buñuelos y chocolate. yummmmmm I might have ate way too many of them, but fresh buñuelos done right, o god, that's heaven. Buñuelos are kinda of like donuts, I mean, they're dough deep fried and then rolled in sugar, then dipped in chocolate. Diabetics, beware.
feeeeeeed me

Right after gorging ourselves on buñuelos it was time for morcilla, or blood sausage. I have to be in the right mood to eat morcilla, and that night was not one of them. Becky and I enjoyed our bread. We all chilled, rubbing our bellies and having a couple of drinks, and around 11pm it was time for our concert with Pep Gimeno and Josep Aparcio.

I didn't stay long because Becky and I ran off to see Cristina and her falla. I believe that was the night that we went to see the lights in Calle Sueca, but never made it because we found a street party outside of another falla and we hung there for awhile. By the time we got home we just crashed for hours.
poor Becky, not used to Spanish living hours (everything starts super late, around 2am) I believe this picture was taken at 5am. Yay for making it that far Becky!!! When she got home (England) from Spain she slept for 2 days straight and she was only here for 4 days while the party was still raging in Valencia. Maybe it was a good thing she couldn't stay the whole week.

No comments:

Post a Comment