Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stockholm

Stockholm!
We booked a hostel that turned out to be a hostel/boat. Unfortunately, our beds were on land. After a couple of hours in the train we arrived in the city of islands. I had no idea Stockholm was literally a city of islands. It was a gorgeous sunny day, which almost made it warm enough to take off my scarf...
Bobby!

I was really interested in the historical district so we headed there first and just walked around without a map, checking out random streets and oggling at yummy sweets in windows. After one guilty pleasure SUPER touristy stop at a kitschy shop we headed to chug some coffee then to the bohemian district of the city, which of course Emily knew. There we actually got lost, but I was happy: I found a playground ontop of a little mountain. We wandered through the streets, boring Bob because Emily and I kept on entering second-hand clothes shops to look at silly hats and skirts from the 80's, which will never get bored. O man that decade was super...interesting.

Emily!

A city of islands

We had a wonderful dinner at a vegetarian restaurant. The food was even a little spicy! Whoa! We stopped at a bar to grab a drink and then Emily and I took Bob to the hostel so we could spend our last night together. We ended up at a bar that had two floors, and in the basement there was the Barcelona vs. Arsenal football (soccer) match. Yeah, I LOVE watching football so we camped out there. It was a good exchange, because after the match we went upstairs and listened to a guitarist sing really cheesy songs and people watch. The next day I was off, back to Spain, and after a few problems with my tickets I got on the plane and headed back to the warmth.

Don't worry, this is just a pint, just in a HUGE thick glass, and the best beer I've ever had. Of course, it's from Belgium.

Wow. Stockholm at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment