Monday, February 1, 2010

Barcelona

top o' the mountain

The group traveled to Barcelona this past weekend, and I think I'm in love. I awoke quite early in the morning and went to Park Güell by the architect Gaudí (if you don't know who he is, look him up, seriously, educate yerself). I watched the sun climb over the mountain that I was standing on top of and yelled with joy and happiness. The building and cliffs and structures of Gaudí, so beautifully integrated, took my breath away. I know we say that a lot, but this, this was real. I spent my time in the sunshine, waking up early, going to bed early (for the first time in awhile). I must go back. There's so much to see and 2 days is not enough to see it.
Park Güell

I saw the two casas (houses) of Gaudí, the Sagrada Familia, Las Ramblas - a huge stretch of street preformers, loads of people, tons of food, and a mogollón of things to see, and sat in a bar in el Barrio Gótico which made me feel like I was in Mideval times.
Park Güell
La Sagrada Familia

No comments:

Post a Comment