Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Backpacking



Since this was supposed to be travel blog en el principio, here's my latest adventure!
Over mid-semester break I went backpacking in Southern Indiana on the Knobstone Trail, which equals hills, hills, and more hills. We went at the perfect time too: leaves that made a painting in the canopy, gently flowing creeks, chilly but not intolerable weather.
This was my first backpacking trip, and as Aunt Gretchen and mom promised me, I'm now hooked. We primitive camped (only using tarps over our heads as tents) for 4 nights and 5 days. When I returned to Earlham I was afraid of my computer and buildings.
This trip reminded me how much I need to be outside, immersed in nature, to keep grounded. I'm still slowly getting back to using computers 24/7, which sometimes I feel like I'm doing in college. Anyway, here are some pictures of my adventure in the woods, hopefully to be repeated in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. peace
    quiet
    cold damp feet
    FRESH air
    twigs snap, leaves crunch
    warm heart, cold nose
    the food's just better here, tho simple
    eating out of a frisbee - ah, the great life

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you make that up? i love it!

    ReplyDelete